To do list
To make sure you are at your best on the big day, perfectly ready to deal with the crowds and mentally prepared to concentrate on your goal, there is nothing like a little “to do list”.
Here are five ESSENTIALS to stick on your list:
1. Prepare your medical certificate
Your trainers already know all about it and your legs soon will too: you have signed up for a sports event. You therefore need to provide a medical certificate (or a copy of one) on the day you pick up your race bib (Friday 22th or Saturday 23th March).
REMEMBER, the certificate must fulfil several criteria:
- It must mention “no counter indication to taking part in athletics competitions” or “no counter indication to taking part in running competitions”.
- It must be dated within one year of the Run In Marseille by Harmonie Mutuelle, which will take place on 24th March 2019.
To avoid errors, we recommend you use the online template:
You are, however, exempt from providing a medical certificate if you fall within one of the following three categories:
- You are a Fédération Française d'Athlétisme licensed runner.
- You are a FSF, FSGT or UFOLEP licenced runner (the licence must include the word “athletics”).
In these cases, bring a copy of your licence to the Village. But remember, the licence must, of course, be valid on the day of the race!
2. Find us in the Village
Go to the Run In Marseille Village to pick up your race bib. The Village will be at le parvis de l’Hôtel de Ville and will be open:
- Friday 22th March from 12am to 7pm
- Saturday 23th March from 9am to 7pm
Access: Métro 1 Vieux-Port Hôtel de Ville
To pick up your race big, you need:
- Your invitation with your QR Code (available on time to)
- Your valid medical certificate (once again, we recommend you use our model) if it has not been validated by the organisation on your personal account time to or if you didn't download it.
- A piece of ID (too bad if your photo isn't the most flattering!)
3. Have you thought about insurance?
Of course, we only want you to have fun during the race, but sometimes unexpected things happen. We suggest that you think about any insurance that you might need to ensure that Run In Marseille by Harmonie Mutuelle is an excellent day.
This Personal Accident Insurance is offered by the organiser's insurer so that you are correctly covered during your participation in the Run In Marseille By Harmonie Mutuelle 2019
It is optional but is strongly recommended.
As you may know, the vast majority of your usual insurance policies (particularly your car insurance, insurance provided automatically through your bank cards, household insurance, bank loan insurance, etc.) totally exclude any participation in sports events either on an amateur or professional basis, and therefore exclude the risks involved in your taking part in the Run In Marseille By Harmonie Mutuelle.
It is therefore important that you check the extent of the cover provided by your normal insurance policies (and the exclusions) and, if you are not sufficiently covered or not covered at all, you should consider taking out the proposed insurance policies by clicking on the link below.
This insurance will cover you if you have an accident whilst taking part in the event, whether or not you were responsible and whether or not there is an identified responsible third party. You are only covered during the event from the time you cross the starting line until the time you cross the finishing line or you abandon the event.
In the event of an accident during your participation in the event, it covers:
- medical costs (within the limits that you have chosen),
- in the event of death or total or partial permanent disability (due to this accident): the payment of compensation (within the limits that you have chosen)
This cover Individual Accident is optional but highly recommended. It can be taken out in addition to any existing insurance you may already have or if you are not already covered. You may purchase the cover from the insurer of your choice, from your federation or from Aon, organizer’s broker, whose proposal (detailed notice and application form) can be consulted and downloaded by clicking on the link below. You can subscribe to the option providing the minimum cover for this offer during your registration for the event and other options by downloading the relevant form here and sending it directly to Aon (email@example.com).
Insured : any person who has taken out cancellation insurance with their registration for the Run In Marseille By Harmonie Mutuelle 2019 – Bib only (by ticking the corresponding box on the application form)
Purpose of insurance: to reimburse registration fees paid for the Run In Marseille By Harmonie Mutuelle 2019 when the insured is forced to withdraw due to :
- death, accident or illness of the insured;
- death, accident or serious illness (requiring hospitalization) of the insured's spouse, parent or child in the thirty days before the event;
- refusal of a visa by the French authorities;
- theft of identity papers in the 48 hours prior to the start of the race;
- court summons.
Premium on top of the registration fees :
10 € for marathon registration
8 € for half marathon registration
Compensation conditions: all requests for compensation must be made via an online declaration directly with the event’s insurance underwriter https://timeto.aonassurances.com, no later than 15 days after the event.
This declaration must be accompanied by an official document justifying cancellation of participation and, notably, in the event of an accident or illness, a medical certificate drafted in French, English or Spanish and issued no later than two days following the event. This certificate must explicitly mention the inability to participate in the event.
Your request will be studied within two months of the event and, if justified and covered by the insurance policy, compensation will be paid to you by bank transfer within the following month.
Main exclusions include:
- illness or accident suffered prior to taking out the insurance;
- psychological or psychiatric disorders, nervous or mental illness, and their consequences;
- pregnancy prior to taking out the insurance;
- deliberate action by the insured.
We recommend that you read the full terms and conditions of the policy contained in the insurer's information notice.
4. Consult the event regulations
The regulations for Run In Marseille by Harmonie Mutuelle can be consult here.
This is not required, because your registration has to be done mandatorily by an adult on the online registration platform time to. The electronic signature of the major person is deemed. Be careful, you have to be 16 years old in 2019.